253-589-4311 |

The WorkFirst Program serves families receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and are required participants through the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS); helping them start, continue, or finish their education and training, leading to employment and self-sufficiency.

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) OR the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA); demonstrate unmet financial aid need. 
  • WorkFirst may assist with tuition and books for most CPTC programs including High School Completion, Running Start, Continuing Education, and Adult Basic Education. 
  • Students who qualify for WorkFirst may also be eligible for WorkFirst Work Study.
  • WorkFirst students may also be eligible to receive WorkFirst Support Services if they are open on TANF, required to participate through DSHS, and active on our Workforce Development caseload.   
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress according to CPTC’s financial aid policies. (Students must not be in financial aid suspension or in student loan default.)

For more information, please call or visit the Workforce Development Eligibility Office. See webpage for office location and hours.